About my Blog

“If you are careful,' Garp wrote, 'if you use good ingredients, and you don't take any shortcuts, then you can usually cook something very good. Sometimes it is the only worthwhile product you can salvage from a day; what you make to eat. With writing, I find, you can have all the right ingredients, give plenty of time and care, and still get nothing. Also true of love. Cooking, therefore, can keep a person who tries hard sane.” ― John Irving, The World According to Garp

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Root Beer BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Sorry I am behind a little on my cooking adventures. The person I live with spent 24 days in Japan. I wanted to have dinner ready when he got home, but wasn't sure what time that would be exactly. Therefore, I pulled out the trusty crock pot once again. We had several pork loin filets. I used Farmland's Oven Perfect Chipotle BBQ Fresh Pork Loin Filet (1.5 lbs). It was still frozen when I put it in the crock pot. I stirred a bottle of IBC root beer and 1/2 cup BBQ sauce in a bowl and then poured the mixture over the pork. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce. I set the crock pot on low for 6 hours and let it cook. When David got home, we shredded the pork and then added a little extra BBQ sauce. We then put the meat on buns and enjoyed. It was delicious!

You can use any pork loin, root beer, and BBQ sauce. This was the easiest BBQ sandwich I've ever made and it was truly amazing tasting. I definitely recommend this. Other ideas would be to serve it over rice or noodles, if you don't want a sandwich.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but I found this image of the particular pork loin I used, but again any pork loin would work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment