About my Blog

“If you are careful,' Garp wrote, 'if you use good ingredients, and you don't take any shortcuts, then you can usually cook something very good. Sometimes it is the only worthwhile product you can salvage from a day; what you make to eat. With writing, I find, you can have all the right ingredients, give plenty of time and care, and still get nothing. Also true of love. Cooking, therefore, can keep a person who tries hard sane.” ― John Irving, The World According to Garp

Friday, November 8, 2013

New blog

I have been baking a lot lately. I've also started cooking more. I really enjoy both and decided to start a blog to document some of my adventures in the kitchen. I will be working on creating a design for my new blog page over the next few days. I've decided to call this blog Cooking Squid, not because I plan to cook squid ever, but because I am in the U.S. Navy. Navy members are often referred to as squids. I wanted to combine my being in the Navy with my cooking/baking adventures. Thus came the name.

With this blog, I hope to share my recipes and adventures in the kitchen. Cooking and baking have become such a joy for me. My hope is for you to be inspired to cook or bake more as well.

Stay tuned: My next post will be a super easy crock pot meal I made last night. Until then, happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment